Welcombe Bells silenced for the third time in just under 300 years
Although Welcombe Church dates from before the conquest (over 1000 years!) the Tower wasn’t built until 1731 when it had just three bells. It was augmented to 4 bells in 1883, and to 6 bells at the restoration in 1934. The bells are silent at the moment for repairs to the bells and Frame. To find out more, please go to the Church website at www.welcombe.net and follow the links to the Bells.