Welcombe Parish Plan 2015
All residents, homeowners and business owners are encouraged to attend a meeting to begin the process of developing a new Parish Plan for Welcombe. It has been ten years since the last plan and a new one is required to support the village and those within it going forward.
This first meeting will at 7pm on Friday 9th October in Welcombe Village Hall
A Parish Plan is written by the community for the community. It can have a number of key benefits and shape how a community develops:
- To take action to improve the quality of life in an area through practical projects, schemes or organisations.
- To manage change and address local needs through the planning process, such as supporting the protection of community facilities, or building affordable housing.
- To bid for funding for local initiatives and to encourage effective partnership working.
- To help influence and inform plans, policies and services of a range of organisations and service providers.
- To enhance a Parish Council’s community leadership role, in line with Quality Parish ethos.
This first meeting will have the following aims:
- Formation of a steering group to ensure the development of the Parish Plan is effectively coordinated.
- Determine how the process will run, and how consultations will be undertaken and the outcomes analysed and used to form the final Parish Plan.
- Propose initial areas of focus for the Parish Plan to be taken forward to the first consultation.
- Determine a calendar for the Parish Plan process.
Welcombe Parish Council will support the development of the new Parish Plan by funding hire of the Village Hall and covering meeting costs. It is hoped that value for money can be achieved for the community by using electronic means of consultation where possible. It also provides the opportunity to develop a ‘living’ plan that the community can be regularly engaged with and that will evolve over time.